Hotel at a Glance: Tanglewood Resort
Your room at Tanglewood Resort is just steps from two premier attractions. The first is Lake Texoma, an 89,000-acre body of water filled with bass and catfish. The other is an 18-hole golf course designed by legendary player Arnold Palmer and course architect Ralph Plummer.
- Onsite dining: Savor pepper steak and lakeside views at The Commodore Room, or share a Chicago-style pizza over beer at Barnacles Sports Bar and Pizzeria.
- Pamper yourself: Tanglewood’s Tranquility Spa offers half- and full-day spa packages as well as à la carte services such as shiatsu massage.
- Take a dip in one of three pools or the hot tub.
- Settle the score on volleyball, basketball, horseshoes, and tennis courts.
- Commune with nature: Hike to the nearby Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge, schedule a horseback ride, or charter a fishing expedition.
Pottsboro, Texas: Desert Oasis North of Dallas
Located just over an hour’s drive north of Dallas, Pottsboro mostly draws visitors for its gorgeous scenery and the massive Lake Texoma. A boat cruise is the best way to get acquainted with the area and get an up-close look at local wildlife. About 10 miles to the east lies Eisenhower State Park, named for the 34th president, who was born in nearby Denison, Texas. Located along the lake, the park is especially popular with anglers looking to catch catfish, bass, and bluegill.
Adjacent to the hotel, Hagerman National Wildlife Refuge is an ideal spot for hiking, fishing, and bird watching. Its more than 11,000 acres are populated by native flora and fauna, including deer, turkeys, bobcats, hawks, and songbirds.