Top Reasons to Visit Texas Station
- Texas Station, located in North Las Vegas, offers an entertainment campus of its own only 6 miles from the bustling Strip.
- Guests can test their luck at the casino, which features more than 2,000 games including slots, blackjack tables, and video poker.
- You can choose from a number of entertainment facilities for all ages, including a 60-lane bowling center, an 18-screen Regal Cinemas movie complex, and supervised drop-in childcare at Kids Quest.
- The hotel has five restaurants. Texas Oyster Bar offers Louisiana-style seafood, and the Grand Café serves chili cheeseburgers and omelets 24 hours a day.
- Michelin-rated restaurants, record-breaking thrill rides, and the best casinos in the world line the Las Vegas strip a 15-minute cab ride away.
- Spacious guest rooms feature modern furnishings and flat-screen TVs.
- Soak up the sunshine on a poolside lounge chair and then take a refreshing dip in the pool.
Las Vegas: The Strip Past and Present
Mentioning Las Vegas usually conjures up images of spinning roulette wheels and stone-faced poker players. If that’s what you’re looking for, you’ll want to make a beeline for the casinos lining the neon-lit Strip. But for lower-stakes gambling in a throwback Vegas atmosphere, head downtown to Fremont Street. Vintage signs and showgirls crowned with headdresses recall the days of Sinatra and Martin, but this Glitter Gulch burns much brighter today than it did in the Rat Pack era: beginning at dusk, a canopy of more than 12 million LED lights erupts in a psychedelic light and music show every hour.
Educational attractions have never been Sin City's strong suit, but the Mob Museum boasts a winning formula: bank robberies, prostitution, and money laundering. Exhibits profile legendary Mafiosi from Capone to Gotti, and mob artifacts include the bloodstained, bullet-pocked brick wall from the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre. Within the former federal courthouse, you can fire a Tommy gun simulator, participate in a police lineup, or enter witness protection for the rest of your life.