Top Reasons to Stay at The Abbey Resort
- It’s situated on a scenic 90-acre plot on Geneva Lake’s western shores.
- There are several onsite restaurants including the new 240° West, the Waterfront Restaurant, and Café Latte.
- Recently renovated guest rooms come with beamed or vaulted ceilings, high-definition flat-screen TVs, and patios or balconies.
- The onsite Avani Spa offers massages, facials, body wraps, and aromatherapy.
- Guests are in good company: the resort has welcomed Presidents Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush, as well as Michael Jordan, Oprah Winfrey, and Carrie Underwood.
- The resort features an indoor pool, a children’s arcade, live entertainment on Friday and Saturday evenings, onsite spring break family activities, and lake walks on the Lake Geneva Shore Path.
Note: the regular indoor pool is available to all guests. The atrium indoor pool located at the onsite spa is available with the purchase of a $25-per-day spa pass.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: Lakeside Mansions and Historical Museums
Located within 90 miles of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison, Lake Geneva has become one of the Midwest’s most popular destinations for recreation. Geneva Lake—a gaping gulf of fresh water ripe for swimming, leisurely sails, water skiing, and tubing—is the resort town’s biggest draw in the summer. Admire the scenery by taking a stroll on the Geneva Lake Shore Path, a 21-mile walkway planned by early settlers that stretches around the entire lake. Along the way, you’ll pass expansive gardens and the opulent estates that helped the town earn the nickname “Newport of the West.”
In the winter, outdoor activities range from sledding and cross-country skiing in Big Foot Beach State Park to ice-fishing on Geneva Lake. There’s also plenty to do indoors. The Geneva Lake Museum takes visitors back in time with re-created late 19th- and early 20th-century shops, and the 1897-era Yerkes Observatory is home to the world’s largest refracting telescope.
Book a spring break trip for the chance to win a second trip!