Top Reasons to Stay at The Abbey Resort
- It’s situated on a scenic 90-acre plot on the western shores of Geneva Lake.
- There are several onsite restaurants including the new 240° West, which opens in May; use your $20 dining credit toward barbecue at The Waterfront.
- You can pamper yourself with massages, facials, body wraps, and aromatherapy at the onsite Avani Spa, a 35,000-square-foot facility equipped with a fitness center. The spa is recently renovated, featuring a women's locker room with showers, bathrooms, steam and inhalation rooms, and makeup stations.
- The chic guest rooms come with beamed or vaulted ceilings, high-definition flat-screen TVs, and patios or balconies.
- Guests are in good company: The Abbey Resort has welcomed Presidents Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush, as well as Michael Jordan and Oprah Winfrey.
- The resort features an indoor pool and two seasonal outdoor pools (one of which is adults only), a children's arcade, live entertainment on weekends, and onsite family activities.
- On the other side of the lake, downtown Lake Geneva has boutiques and cafés.
Note: the regular indoor pool is available to all guests. The indoor pool located at the onsite spa has an entrance fee or can be accessed with the purchase of a $50 spa service.
Highlights of Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: Lakeside Mansions and Historical Museums
- Convenient location within 90 miles of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison
- Geneva Lake: a gaping gulf of fresh water ripe for swimming, leisurely sails, water skiing, and tubing—and the resort town’s biggest draw in the summer.
- Admire the scenery by taking a stroll on the Geneva Lake Shore Path, a 21-mile walkway planned by early settlers that stretches around the entire lake.
- Lakeside mansions that helped the town earn the nickname “Newport of the West”
- Go back in time at the Geneva Lake Museum, home to re-created late 19th- and early 20th-century shops.