Top Reasons to Visit The Abbey Resort
- It’s situated on a scenic 90-acre plot on the western shores of Geneva Lake.
- Guests are in good company: The Abbey Resort has welcomed Presidents Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush, as well as Michael Jordan and Oprah Winfrey.
- You can choose from several onsite dining options, including prime rib and seafood at Fontana Grill, sandwiches and barbecue fare at The Waterfront, cocktails at The Helm, and coffee from Café Latte.
- The chic guest rooms come with beamed or vaulted ceilings, high-definition flat-screen TVs, and patios or balconies.
- With this Getaway, two guests receive free admission to the onsite Avani Spa, a 35,000-square-foot facility equipped with a fitness center and full-service spa, with a menu that includes massages, facials, body wraps, and aromatherapy.
- The spa also has a spacious indoor pool surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows.
- On the other side of the lake, Lake Geneva’s charming downtown area has boutiques and sidewalk cafés.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: Lakeside Mansions and Historical Museums
Located within 90 miles of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison, Lake Geneva has become one of the Midwest’s most popular destinations for recreation. Geneva Lake⎯a gaping gulf of fresh water ripe for swimming, leisurely sails, water skiing, and tubing⎯is the resort town’s biggest draw in the summer. Admire the scenery by taking a stroll on the Geneva Lake Shore Path, a 21-mile walkway planned by early settlers that stretches around the entire lake. Along the way, you’ll pass expansive gardens and the opulent estates that helped the town earn the nickname “Newport of the West.”
In the winter, outdoor activities range from sledding and cross-country skiing in Big Foot Beach State Park to ice-fishing on Geneva Lake. There's also plenty to do indoors. The Geneva Lake Museum takes visitors back in time with re-created late 19th- and early 20th-century shops, and the 1897-era Yerkes Observatory is home to the world's largest refracting telescope.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.