Top Reasons to Visit The Abbey Resort
- It’s situated on a scenic 90-acre plot on the western shores of Geneva Lake, a popular destination for boating, waterskiing, fishing, and swimming.
- You can rent a boat from the resort’s onsite marina, which also offers ski school and parasailing.
- This Getaway includes a $30 food-and-beverage credit. You can choose from several onsite dining options, including the oven-poached salmon fillet ($25) and other seafood at Fontana Grill, or barbecue fare such as the boneless beef short ribs ($18.95) at The Waterfront.
- The chic guest rooms come with beamed or vaulted ceilings, high-definition flat-screen TVs, and patios or balconies.
- Guests are in good company: The Abbey Resort has welcomed Presidents Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush, as well as Michael Jordan and Oprah Winfrey.
- Guests can get massages, facials, body wraps, and aromatherapy at the onsite Avani Spa, a 35,000-square-foot facility equipped with a fitness center and a full-service spa.
- There are three outdoor pools: an adults-only pool, a family pool, and a kids’ zero-depth pool.
- On the other side of the lake, Lake Geneva’s charming downtown area has boutiques and sidewalk cafés.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: Lakeside Mansions and Historical Museums
Located within 90 miles of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison, Lake Geneva has become one of the Midwest’s most popular destinations for recreation. Geneva Lake—a gaping gulf of fresh water ripe for swimming, leisurely sails, water skiing, and tubing—is the resort town’s biggest draw in the summer. Admire the scenery by taking a stroll on the Geneva Lake Shore Path, a 21-mile walkway planned by early settlers that stretches around the entire lake. Along the way, you’ll pass expansive gardens and the opulent estates that helped the town earn the nickname “Newport of the West.”
There's also plenty to do indoors. The Geneva Lake Museum takes visitors back in time with re-created late 19th- and early 20th-century shops, and the 1897-era Yerkes Observatory is home to the world's largest refracting telescope.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.