Hotel at a Glance: The Abraham Lincoln
The Abraham Lincoln occupies a prime location in Reading's commercial-and-entertainment district, and a complimentary shuttle makes stops at local museums and corporate headquarters. Inside the historic Wyndham hotel, guests can nosh on upscale Italian food and sip locally distilled whiskey.
- Onsite dining: Sample Italian cuisine at L'Arte della Vita or pub fare and craft brews at Melody's Tavern.
- In-room amenities: 32-inch high-definition TVs and free WiFi
- Business travelers can take advantage of 10,000 square feet of meeting space and a 24-hour business center.
- Gift shop stocked with snacks, sundries, and souvenirs
- Onsite massage therapist and tailor available for additional fees
Reading, Pennsylvania: Family-Friendly Museums near Dutch Country
The area surrounding Reading is dominated by farmland dotted with old-fashioned farmhouses and bright red barns. But Reading itself is one of Pennsylvania's biggest cities. It's the birthplace of the former Reading Railroad (of Monopoly fame) and earned the nickname "The Pretzel City" for its abundance of pretzel bakeries. The city is also home to a slew of restaurants, the VF Outlet Center shopping mall, and Albright College.
Reading's cultural attractions include the Mid-Atlantic Air Museum and the eclectic Goggleworks Center for the Arts, where you can explore interactive exhibits, hear live music, and watch artisans at work. During a day of sightseeing, be sure to make a stop at The Pagoda, a multitiered structure that offers panoramic views from its perch atop Mt. Penn.