Hotel at a Glance: The Ashbrooke
Each spring, apple and cherry trees flower with fragrant white and pale-pink blossoms in Door County's orchards. The Ashbrooke is set amid this idyllic landscape, providing a romantic adults-only retreat.
- Grab a bite: Free baked goods and coffee help you start your day.
- Indoor pool bathed in natural light from windows overhead
- Soothe your muscles in the 12-person jacuzzi or the dry sauna.
- DVD library with plenty of movies you can watch on your guest room's flat-screen TV
- Awards and accolades: TripAdvisor's Certificate of Excellence and GreenLeaders distinction in 2013
Egg Harbor, Wisconsin: Cherry Orchards and Quiet Beaches in Door County
Word has it this bayside village got its name from a harmless egg fight that sailors had on the shores of Green Bay. Today, its beachfront is free of eggshells and the tiny town invites a different kind of fun. Kayaks and rowboats skim the waters near Egg Harbor Marina, where locals stroll along a boardwalk skirted by a red-granite break wall. Farther inland, you can roam through groves of fragrant cherry trees or pick fresh apples in orchards. In town, locally owned shops sell everything from home-baked cherry pies to handmade soaps and organic wines. You can also browse antiques shops and art galleries that display works by local artists.