Hotel at a Glance: The Beach Club Resort
Set on the former site of Island Hall Resort, one of Vancouver Island’s most iconic beachside resorts, The Beach Club Resort picks up where its predecessor’s tradition of hospitality left off. At this luxurious hotel, winner of a 2014 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, you’ll be steps from the sand and boardwalk and be able to swim, dine, and work out with ocean and mountain views. You’ll also be close to the shops and restaurants of downtown Parksville, minutes away from Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park, and within a few hours’ drive of Tofino.
- Take a dip in the heated indoor pool and hot tub, which feature views of the beach and nearby islands.
- West Coast cuisine at the onsite Pacific Prime Steak & Chop Restaurant includes pan-seared local halibut and barbecue wild sockeye salmon; enjoy dining on the restaurant’s beachfront patio.
- Unwind with a couples massage at the tranquil onsite Stonewater Spa, or try a hydrating facial or body wrap.
- Work out in a fitness center equipped with weights, treadmills, and elliptical machines.
- Watch the sunset from the popular Parksville Beach Boardwalk, where locals and tourists alike stroll past the water.
Parksville, British Columbia: Mountain Landscape Across the Bay from Vancouver
Parksville lies on Vancouver Island’s eastern shores, just across the bay from Vancouver. The community is known for its spectacular mountains, lakes, and beaches that stretch for a mile wide. The golden, hard-packed sand is ideal for sand-castle building; each year the city hosts a sand-sculpting competition, where artists carve their masterpieces over the course of 3 days.
Giant douglas firs line Cathedral Grove in MacMillan Provincial Park, some of them standing at more than 250 feet (75 m) tall and more than 29 feet (9 m) in circumference. There are plenty of hiking trails that wend through the old-growth forest.