Top Reasons to Stay at The Beach Shack
- This throwback beachfront hotel is located steps from the water in sunny Cape May.
- The onsite Rusty Nail surfer bar and restaurant features indoor and outdoor seating, a fire pit, and a can’t-miss happy hour. Live entertainment keeps nights unpredictable.
- Casual, beach-inspired family efficiency guest rooms feature flat-screen TVs, kitchen amenities, and patios.
- Relax at the outdoor pool and deck with open views of the Atlantic.
- This Groupon includes two cocktails at Rusty Nail, two coffees, free parking, WiFi, and use of a beach towel, umbrella, and beach chair.
Cape May, New Jersey: Historic Resort Town and Local Vineyards
The Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean right at the city of Cape May, a tiny 2.8-mile stretch on the southern tip of Cape May Peninsula in New Jersey. Known for its cool summer temperatures and clean, pretty beaches, Cape May has hosted travelers since the mid-18th century and is said to be one of the oldest seaside resort destinations in the United States. Gingerbread-house-like Victorian homes line the streets of the historic district, which is just steps from The Beach Shack; quaint shops and restaurants are also a short walk away.
Several award-winning wineries make their home around Cape May, and many are open for tastings and tours. Another spot worth touring is the iconic Cape May lighthouse, which you can climb to get a sweeping view of Delaware Bay.
Aside from attracting wealthy Southerners, Cape May has famously been a stopover for more than 400 migrating bird species. That makes it a top destination in the Northeast for bird watchers and marketing strategists trying to test hip, new birdseed brands.