Top Reasons to Stay at The Cliffs Resort
- This newly renovated hotel sits on a secluded bluff overlooking a private beach on California's central coast.
- Decorated in casual California style, guest rooms feature natural wood furnishings, Italian-marble accents, and private balconies or patios with coastal or mountain views.
- The onsite restaurant, Marisol, serves Latin-inspired cuisine made with fresh seafood and naturally raised meats. You can select a vintage from the award-winning wine list and enjoy an oceanfront dinner out on the patio.
- During the day, guests gather around the heated outdoor pool for sunbathing and Pacific Ocean views. Indulge in a wild-lavender massage, a grape-seed body scrub, or another service offered onsite.
- Affectionately known as the “new Napa,” the surrounding San Luis Obispo County is home to more than 200 vineyards and wineries. Visitors can tour rural hillside estates and taste the region’s award-winning pinot noirs and chardonnays.
- The resort lies within driving distance of some of central California's best golf courses, including a links-style course in Paso Robles wine country and a coastal course surrounded by eucalyptus trees.
- An hour’s drive north lies Hearst Castle, the former estate of newspaper magnate William Randolph Hearst, featuring 400-year-old Spanish ceilings, famous Renaissance paintings, and Roman-inspired swimming pools.
Pismo Beach, California: Seaside Surf Town Close to Wine Country
Located along the Central California coast about midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, Pismo Beach enjoys 315 days of sunshine each year and temperatures ranging from 66 to 84 degrees. The weather and 23-mile coastline are ideal for surfing and beach culture—and you’ll see signs of both. Besides surfing and tanning, visitors enjoy hiking the Oceano Dunes and exploring the coast’s tide pools.
The warm weather and misty mornings also provide great conditions for winemaking in the nearby Edna Valley. With one of California’s longest growing seasons, the Edna Valley AVA has some of the region’s best wineries, producing large quantities of chardonnay, pinot noir, and syrah.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions. No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.