Hotel at a Glance: The Club at Hillbrook
Upon arriving at the The Club at Hillbrook, guests might be hard-pressed to remember that they’re still in Ohio and not in the rolling hills of the English countryside. Built in 1919, the hotel is styled after a 15th-century Tudor mansion with a stone entrance-way and grand courtyard. The interior is full of rich black walnut and maple woodwork, and the rooms are individually decorated in an array of soothing pastel colors.
- Classy accommodations: Guest suites welcome guests with B&B-style decor.
- Enjoy dinner dining outside on the patio, in the formal dining room, or move into the tavern for a more casual vibe.
- Take a dip in the outdoor swimming pool.
- Explore nature: Head to Russell Uplands Preserve, just a 3-mile drive from the hotel, for a long walk through the woods or catch-and-release fishing on the pond.
- Distance from Cleveland: about 17 miles
- Trial dining membership: This deal includes a 30-day trial membership at the Club.
Chagrin Falls, Ohio: Picturesque Small Town in Cuyahoga County
A river runs through the middle of Chagrin Falls, Ohio, intersecting Main Street, where it brings together small-town charm and natural beauty. Chagrin Falls is surrounded by the North and South Chagrin Reservation, where forests of white oak, hickory trees, and sugar maples abound, creating shady cycling trails in the summer before erupting in vibrant colors in the fall. Fishermen all year round visit the river, which cascades into picturesque falls. In town, visitors can catch a show at the Chagrin Valley Little Theatre, one of the country’s oldest community theaters. Downtown is also home to a multitude of boutiques and antique shops in the shopping district.