Hotel at a Glance: The Declan Suites San Diego
The Declan Suites San Diego is conveniently located downtown, near trendy neighborhoods, restaurants, and shops. It's around the corner from the San Diego Symphony and just minutes from attractions such as the San Diego Zoo and the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
- Walk to the Gaslamp Quarter in 15 minutes.
- Signature drinks and dishes: Try a raspberry lemon drop at Sky Lounge Bar or beer-battered-shrimp lollipops at Renditions Restaurant.
- Suite amenities: city views, 32-inch TVs, microwaves, free WiFi, and separate sitting rooms
- Take a dip in the indoor pool and whirlpool.
- Break a sweat in the 24-hour fitness center.
Highlights of San Diego
- The Gaslamp Quarter forms both the historic center of town and a nightlife hub, with nearly 100 Victorian buildings occupied by high-end boutiques, jewelers, and gourmet restaurants.
- Balboa Park houses 17 museums, as well as the San Diego Zoo. There's also the Spanish Village Art Center, where local artists produce their works.
- Old Town: Here—the site of the first European settlement in California—shops in Mission-style stucco buildings sell colorful wrestling masks, woven baskets, and maracas.
- Spooky locals: The Whaley House Museum was dubbed one of the Most Terrifying Places in America by the Travel Channel. Ghosts of former residents are said to inhabit the rooms, which are filled with Victorian furniture and eerie dolls.