What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in room one, two, or three or cottage
- Includes $15 dining credit per stay at the Parlour
Hotel at a Glance: The English Merchant’s Inn
The English Merchant’s Inn sits on Waxahachie’s picturesque Main Street, occupying the same stately brick house built in 1915 by its namesake, cotton merchant James Wright Harrison. The inn’s guest rooms add a touch of modernity to the historic setting; amenities include WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and ensuite bathrooms.
- Unwind in the upstairs lounge, which offers games and coffee bar.
- Lovingly designed: The inn’s host, Mary Baskin, has an eye for interior design and has produced articles for Better Homes and Gardens and Traditional Home magazines.
Enjoy dinner at The Parlour with a complimentary $15 dining credit.
- Grab breakfast in the nearby White Rhino Coffee House or Fresh Market Coffee just a short walk down the street.
- Drive to Dallas in about half an hour.
Waxahachie, Texas: Small-Town Charm South of Dallas
Situated on the southern edge of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, the city of Waxahachie pairs its exurban location with the no-fuss charms of small-town Texas. Downtown, antique stores, cafes, and shops line the town square, where you can find the famed Ellis County Courthouse. With its Romanesque turrets and spires, the stately complex looks more like an Old-World palace than a center of civic administration. Just 2 miles south of here sits Lake Waxahachie, which often hums with the activity of jet skis, motorboats, and other aquatic pursuits.
Waxahachie is the crape myrtle capital of Texas, and celebrates the brilliant pink blooms each year during the Crape Myrtle Festival around the Fourth of July. In April and May, part of the town transforms into a bustling village from Merrie England with interactive shows and performances during the Scarborough Renaissance Festival.
- One king bed and one double bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard is an additional $50 per additional person
Room Two, Room Three, or the Cottage
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3
- Adding occupants above standard is an additional $50
- Check in: 3 p.m.–6 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
Lounge with games and coffee bar
- Complimentary parking
- 14-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The English Merchant's Inn
Nearest airport: Dallas Love Field Airport (DAL; 45 mi)
Distance from Dallas: 30 miles