What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for three in a standard king room or lifestyle king room or four in a standard double-queen room or lifestyle double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 14-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $100 credit card deposit for incidentals paid at check-in. $30 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Gates Hotel
This 4-star hotel seamlessly blends modern design with Key West’s laid-back sensibilities. Accommodations have been expertly crafted, featuring beds made from hand-washed pine and decorated with artistic photography. But Florida’s casual side comes out at the onsite Rum Row Poolside Bar, where you can sip prohibition-influenced cocktails, made with rum produced at the nearby First Legal Rum Distillery.
- Where you’ll stay: Rooms surround guests in modern comforts, including HD TVs, coffeemakers, and plush bathrobes.
- Food truck: The Blind Pig Food Truck is permanently parked at the hotel, offering a range of Cuban and Bahamian tapas.
- Cigar lounge: The hotel’s Rodriguez Cigar Lounge features cigars crafted by the Rodriguez family, who started cultivating tobacco in Cuba in the 1950s. Talk to the concierge about booking a cigar-rolling tour at the factory.
- Take the shuttle to Old Town: Old Town of Key West is where the famous Duval St is located with all historic houses, bars, shops. Running from 8 a.m.–10 p.m. from the hotel, and with the last ride from Old Town at 11 p.m., the shuttle runs every hour from 8 a.m.–3 p.m., and every 30 minutes 3 p.m.–10 p.m. The shuttle stops at Mallory Square which is a favorite spot to watch sunset and performances of local street performers before setting off to the fun Duval Street.
Key West, Florida: Dazzling Sunsets, Six-Toed Cats, and Cuban Culture
Located just off Florida’s southernmost tip and north of Cuba, the island of Key West is undoubtedly the most famous of the Florida Keys. Frommer’s calls it “the land of the eternal vacation.” Most tourists come to Key West’s gulf-side beaches to snorkel, surf, or fish, but no trip to Key West is complete without a visit to the Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum, where the author lived, worked, and kept his six-toed cats. More than 50 descendants of those famous felines still prowl the grounds of the museum to this day.
At nighttime, locals and visitors alike converge on the Mallory Square Dock to watch the sun dip below the Gulf of Mexico, casting swaths of deep orange and pink against the horizon. The spectacle is so breathtaking that it inspires a sunset celebration each night. The dock comes to life with traveling psychics, one-man bands, and food vendors serving fresh-squeezed lemonade and plantain chips.
Standard King Room and Lifestyle King Room
- One king bed and one sofa bed
- Standard occupancy: 3
- Maximum occupancy: 3
Standard Double-Queen Room and Lifestyle Double-Queen Room
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $30 resort fee includes: parking, shuttle service loop to old town, onsite concierge, access to fitness center and two pools, newspaper available in the lobby, in-room water, keepsake luggage tags, WiFi, 10% off voucher for Starbucks, and other resort activities and entertainment.
- Parking: included in resort fee.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- WiFi access
- Outdoor pool
- Poolside rum bar
- Onsite food truck
- Cigar lounge
- Shuttle to Old Town
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 14-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $100 credit card deposit for incidentals paid at check-in
- $30 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Gates Hotel Key West
- Nearest Airport: Key West International Airport (EYW; 3 mi.)
- Distance to Miami: 161 mi.