What You Get
- Stay for two in a king room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
- Dates into September
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $25 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Gates Hotel South Beach - A DoubleTree by Hilton
South Beach is known for its fashionable nightlife, its trendy restaurants, and its picture-perfect beaches. The Gates Hotel puts you steps from all three from an enviable spot along bustling Collins Avenue. Located inside the former Ankara Motel, an art deco-inspired building from 1954, the hotel has kept its vintage facade while constructing a modern, almost futuristic vibe on the inside.
- Where you’ll stay: Loft-like guest rooms manage to toe the line between vintage-cool and post-modern sleek, with 42-inch flat-screen TVs.
- Premiere dining: Opened by Bon Appétit and Zagat’s “Restaurateur of the Year” Stephen Starr, the Continental serves upscale diner food in a light and airy space.
- Grab a drink at the posh Lobby Bar.
- Dive into the outdoor swimming pool.
Miami’s South Beach: World-Famous Nightlife and Art-Deco Icons
Just east of downtown Miami, on the barrier island that forms Miami Beach, you’ll find one of the world’s nightlife capitals: South Beach. The clubs along Ocean Drive are legendary for their boisterous, all-night blowouts—and for good reason. With all the rum-soaked mojitos, colorful neon, and celebrity sightings, it can feel like an endless party. Perhaps that’s why the area pops up so often in film and TV shows, including Burn Notice and The Birdcage.
The coast of South Beach is known as Lummus Park, which Frommer’s calls Miami’s “best beach for people-watching.” While the bleached sand and curving palms are gorgeous, they’re almost overshadowed by the chiseled beach-goers dotting the sand. From here, a wood-slat boardwalk runs all the way up to North Beach, attracting joggers and roller bladers. Head across the bay, to South Pointe Park or Bill Baggs Cape Florida State Park, for quieter, more secluded shores.
It’s easy enough to spend the entirety of a trip to South Beach face-down on a beach towel, but that would mean missing out on the city’s other offerings. The famous art-deco district, with its iconic, streamlined hotels in pastel shades, was the first 20th-century neighborhood to be recognized by the National Register of Historic Places. Every morning at 10:30, local experts from the Miami Design Preservation League lead a 90-minute walking tour that highlights the neighborhood’s signature architecture.
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- $25 resort fee includes: usage of two complimentary luxury lounge chairs in the designated beach area near the hotel, full-length fitted towels, floating devices, beach reading material, cold signature water, access to Plunge Deck games and entertainment, and usage of signature bicycles.
- Parking: valet parking is available for an additional $42 per day.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: please contact property for pet restrictions and fees.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Complimentary WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Upscale dining
- On-site restaurant and bar
- Fitness room
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $25 daily resort fee plus tax added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Gates Hotel South Beach - A Doubletree by Hilton
- Nearest airport: Miami International Airport (MIA; 11 miles)