What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a queen room or double-queen room
- Up to two kids 16 or younger stay free in a double-queen room
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Cancellation policy: 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: $100 nightly credit card deposit for incidentals paid at check-in (up to $300 per stay). $15 daily urban fee plus tax paid at check-in.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability.
No-shows will be charged total rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
In warmer months, Chicagoans shed their coats and head to the city’s open-air lounges for skyline views and craft cocktails. The 4.5-star Godfrey Hotel Chicago has one of these hot spots with the I|O Godfrey. This fourth-floor space has another enviable feature besides its posh decor and creative drink menu: a retractable glass roof that keeps skyscrapers in view even when the weather is less than ideal.
- Serenity in the city: Guest rooms are outfitted with plush bedding and robes, along with iHome docking stations and WiFi.
- Spa day: Signature treatments include Shea Butter Body Quench and Monsoon Ritual.
- Recent praise: AAA’s Four Diamond Award and TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence
- We are following public health recommendations of the EPA/CDC: View more information here
Chicago’s River North: World-Class Art Galleries, Restaurants, and Nightlife near Downtown
Bordering the Loop on the northern side of the Chicago River, the River North neighborhood is where the skyscrapers of downtown give way to the award-winning restaurants and trendy nightspots of the North Side. Once an industrial area, River North is today home to architectural gems—the Jenga-like Contemporaine residential building on Wells Street is a good example—as well as eateries to suit every appetite and budget.
In addition to a formidable culinary presence ranging from inventive Peruvian cuisine at Tanta Restaurant to Chicago classics such as Portillo’s, River North boasts the country’s largest concentration of art galleries outside of Manhattan. The River North Gallery District runs along Chicago, Superior, and Huron Streets, occupying century-old red-brick warehouses that have been converted into lofts and exhibition spaces. You can easily travel beyond River North using Chicago’s public transportation system; check out our guide to Chicago public transportation for tips on navigating the city like a local.
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
- Two queen beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: $20 per night for each additional guest 17 or older; kids 16 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- $15 daily urban fee includes:
- In-room Starbucks coffee
- Premium WiFi throughout the hotel including meeting space
- Access to fitness center
- Printing and faxing services
- Two bottles of water upon check-in
- Unlimited access to publications through digital e-reader newspapers - Pressreader
- Local phone calls
- Complimentary overnight shoe-shine service
- Parking: self-parking available for an additional $46 per night; valet available for an additional $60 per night.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap-accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- WiFi (included in urban fee)
- Restaurant and bar
- Indoor/outdoor lounge
- 24-hour fitness center
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $100 nightly credit card deposit for incidentals paid at check-in (up to $300 per stay)
- $15 daily urban fee plus tax paid at check-in.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Godfrey Hotel Chicago
- Nearest airports: Midway International (MDW; 13 mi) and O’Hare International (ORD; 17 mi)
- Cab fare: about $55 from MDW and $60 from ORD, including a 15% tip
- Nearest transit stop: Chicago Red Line L station