Hotel at a Glance: The Grand Lodge
Winner of a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence, The Grand Lodge sits high up on Mount Crested Butte. Guests here enjoy easy access to Crested Butte Mountain Resort—when the snow melts, this world-class ski resort draws visitors with an array of summer activities, including mountain biking, hiking, and disc golfing.
- Spacious accommodations: Guest rooms come with an LG 42-inch TV and two bathrobes. Choose king or studio suite for extra space and a separate living area.
- Ride to the top: In the summertime, you can take the the Silver Queen or Red Lady Express up the mountain, then hike to the top, using the two daily scenic lift tickets included with this getaway (valid on weekends after Labor Day).
- Take a dip: There's an indoor/outdoor heated pool and an outdoor hot tub, both of which are open year-round.
- Get pampered: This getaway comes with two $20 credits to the hotel's Wildflower Spa each day.
Highlights of Crested Butte, Colorado
- Setting: Crested Butte is situated at 9,000 feet in southwest Colorado's Rocky Mountains, and it’s surrounded by some lovely scenery. Aspen groves dot the upper valleys of the town’s namesake peak, as well as fields of fiery indian paintbrush.
- Summertime things to do Hike to the summit of the mountain for unforgettable views, take a white-water rafting ride down the Taylor or Gunnison Rivers, or ride a horse through the valley.
- Go shopping: Crested Butte has preserved its roots as Victorian storefronts and art galleries line downtown Elk Avenue.
- What to drink: There’s a famous rum distillery—Montanya Distillery—that welcomes visitors year-round.
- History lesson: For a glimpse into the town's history, head to the Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum, which has an elaborate diorama that describes life here in the mining days of the 1920s.