Splash around in sundrenched outdoor pools, eat all you can at the breakfast buffet, and hop on a free shuttle to nearby theme parks
Property at a Glance: The Grand Orlando Resort at Celebration
Against a backdrop of tropical palm trees, a serene waterfall spills into one of the resort’s outdoor pools. A pool bar means there is no need to interrupt pool time to grab refreshments. Bubbling hot tubs allow stress to melt away, while the waterslide caters to guests with an insatiable appetite for adventure.
- Guest rooms overlook the pool area or the lush greenery surrounding the resort.
- Close to theme parks: The resort is conveniently located less than two miles from Walt Disney World®, and less than 15 miles from Universal.
- Free shuttle to Walt Disney World® makes thrillseeking convenient.
- Easy eats: Mediterranean-inspired dinner and quick bites for guests on the go at Parkway Deli Diner
- Activities for all ages: Kids scamper around the playground, and adults square off on the tennis, volleyball, or basketball courts.
Kissimmee, Florida: Easy Access to World-Famous Theme Parks and Major Orlando Attractions
Located on the banks of Lake Tohopekaliga, Kissimmee sits about 22 miles from downtown Orlando and just 16 miles from the Walt Disney World® Theme Parks. The world’s most-visited entertainment resort spans roughly 30,000 acres, encompassing four theme parks, two water parks, five golf courses, and the Disney Springs® Area. There’s no shortage of things to do here: begin your day at Magic Kingdom® Park by boarding a rocket-shaped three-seater that climbs to 180 feet before entering a deep black tunnel and racing past stars, satellites, and constellations. After that, ride a dune buggy through a haunted mansion. For dinner, head over to Epcot® to sample cuisine from Morocco, Mexico, France, Italy, and several other countries. As one of the most popular family destinations in the world, sunny Orlando is home to other theme parks including Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando.
Those hoping to shake up the typical theme-park-dominated itinerary can head into downtown Orlando’s vibrant arts district. The neighborhood boasts venues such as the CityArts Factory, a multifaceted patchwork of gallery spaces, and SAK Comedy Lab, which holds improv shows five nights a week.