What You Get
- Stay for two in a standard king room, intermediate king or double room, or deluxe king room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in an intermediate double room
- New member receive $20 slot credit for the first night, $10 slot credit every night following; Existing members receive $10 slot credit each night.
- Dates into March 2015
Policies and Fees
* Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
* Cancellation policy: 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
* Additional fees: $39 daily resort fee added at purchase. 6.5% historic preservation fund fee added at purchase
* Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed.
Hotel at a Glance: The Greenbrier
If one fact says all you need to know about The Greenbier, it’s this: 26 U.S. presidents have stayed at this resort in West Virginia’s Allegheny Mountains. Situated on 10,000 acres of manicured estate grounds, the award-winning resort features five championship golf courses, a mineral spa, a Monte-Carlo-inspired casino, and enough restaurants, bars, and lounges to satisfy any craving at nearly any hour.
- Founded in: 1778—the hotel is officially designated a U.S. National Historic Landmark.
- The press says: The hotel was an easy choice for the Travel + Leisure “500 Best Hotels in the World” list, while Fodor’s calls it “one of the leading resorts in the country” and says it “exudes historic charm and old-fashioned elegance.”
- Treat yourself: The mineral spa incorporates native sulphur spring waters into its treatments
- Secret history: The resort has a bunker that once served as an emergency government fallout shelter; it’s now open for tours
- Other notable guests: The Vanderbilts, the Rockefellers, and the Duke and Duchess of Windsor.
- Onsite dining: There are more than a dozen restaurants, bars, lounges, and cafes to choose from
- Win big: The 100,000 square-foot onsite casino has high-stakes thrills and an upscale Southern style. For all new casino members, slot credits, $20 for the first night, and an additional $10 every night after, are included. Existing members receive $10 slot credit each night. If gambling isn’t your style, spend the night dancing at the onsite club, 42 Below.
- Things to do: The resort has an unparalleled variety of activities, from enjoying an afternoon tea, to bowling at the onsite alley, to a carriage sleigh ride and ice skating.
- Themed weekends: Beginning in January, The Greenbrier will be presenting their 2015 Discovery Series. This series features themed weekends, such as a culinary weekend, a wellness weekend, and an arts and culture weekend, with events, classes, and tours taking place Friday through Sunday. Additional charges may apply.
White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia: Mineral Springs and Outdoor Playground
The small town of White Sulphur Springs is essentially centered on The Greenbrier resort. The resort itself, meanwhile, is centered on a spring of sulphur water, which flows from inside its iconic springhouse. The lush estate expands outwards from there, and guests can take advantage of some 55 organized activities. You can spend your days exploring the mountains on an off-road driving adventure, experience the unique Alpine Climbing Tower, or get up-close and personal with majestic birds of prey during falconry lessons.
If you somehow manage to master all of the resort’s on-site activities, consider heading to the nearby Greenbrier State Forest for hiking, mountain biking, and fishing.
Standard King Room, Intermediate King Room * One king bed * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 2
Intermediate Double Room * Two double beds * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 4 * Adding occupants above standard: $50 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
Deluxe King Room * One king bed * Standard occupancy: 2 * Maximum occupancy: 2
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 11 a.m.
- Resort fee includes: WiFi, morning coffee service, afternoon tea & concert, nightly movies in the theatre, historical tours, fitness center, swimming, culinary demonstrations, nightly champagne toast in The Casino Club, hiking trails, ice skating, on-property transportation
- Parking: lot parking is available for no charge; valet parking is available for $25 per day with unlimited in and out privileges.
- Rollaways: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Five championship golf courses
- Dozens of activities onsite or nearby
- 14 restaurants, bars, and lounges
- Mineral spa
- Huge casino and entertainment venue
- Bowling alley
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 15-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $39 daily resort fee added at purchase
- 6.5% historic preservation fund fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Greenbrier
- Nearest airports: Roanoke Regional Airport (ROA; 80 miles) or Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB; 15 miles). A shuttle is available to Greenbrier Valley Airport.
- Distance to Roanoke, VA: 82 miles
- 170 feet from Amtrak station in White Sulphur Springs.