Hotel at a Glance: The Grove West Seattle Inn
At the 135-acre Alki Beach Park, you can kayak, bike, or stroll along a beachfront with views of the Olympic Mountains. The century-old park is just a few miles west from the recently remodeled Grove West Seattle Inn. Across the street from the inn is West Seattle Golf Club, and Seattle's artsy coffee shops and galleries are also just 10 minutes from the inn by car.
- Nearby attractions: The famed Pike Place Market and the iconic Space Needle are both about a 10-minute drive from the inn.
- Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast selection, served daily
- Revamped guest rooms featuring 32-inch flat screen HDTVs and historic photos of Alki Beach Park and downtown Seattle
- Stay connected: There's free WiFi throughout the inn.
- Bring your dog: it's just $35 extra for a pet-friendly room.
Downtown Seattle: Gourmet Coffee Shops and Art Galleries in Coastal Urban Center
Street performers often play music as shoppers walk beneath the iconic Public Market Center sign at the open-air Pike Place Market, located just about a half mile southwest of the hotel. One of Seattle’s most renowned attractions, the marketplace bustles with both locals and out-of-towners browsing vendors selling fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, flowers, and meat. Before the spread of Starbucks to every corner, Seattleites grabbed cups of java at the company's original coffeehouse, which first opened here in 1971.
Head a few blocks north of the market to find even more gourmet coffee shops in the inviting neighborhood of Belltown, an arts district filled with cafés, shops, and galleries galore. One such gallery, Roq La Rue, showcases rotating exhibits with an emphasis on pop surrealism and underground contemporary art.