Top Reasons to Visit The Inn at Deep Creek
- The inn sits on the edge of Deep Creek Lake, which has nearly 70 miles of shoreline where you can go fishing, boating, and hiking.
- It’s set amid the Allegheny Mountains, a region with manmade lakes and dense forests; local outfitters offer kayak tours, whitewater-rafting trips, and group hikes.
- Each of the guest rooms available with this Getaway can accommodate up to four guests and features a kitchenette or full kitchen.
- When you're not out on the lake for fishing and swimming, you can lounge by the heated outdoor pool (open seasonally).
- There are many dining spots within walking distance, including Uno pizzeria.
Oakland, Maryland: Country Town with Recreational Fishing and Mountain Hikes
Oakland is a small mountain town in Maryland's western panhandle. Deep Creek Lake, the largest freshwater lake in the state, runs through here, offering miles of scenic coastline. During the summer, you can rent motorboats, water skis, and wakeboards from a number of local sporting shops. Fishing charters—including fly-fishing—set out in search of bass and walleye year round. Set along the shores of a state park, Deep Creek Lake Discovery Center houses gardens with native plants and hands-on wildlife exhibits. The surrounding countryside is filled with more beautiful scenery. Swallow Falls State Park, located north of Oakland, features rocky cliffs and plunging rapids, including a 53-foot waterfall known as Muddy Creek Falls.