Top Reasons to Visit The Inn at Deep Creek
- The inn sits on the edge of Deep Creek Lake, which has nearly 70 miles of shoreline where you can go fishing, boating, and hiking.
- It’s set amid the Allegheny Mountains, a region covered with manmade lakes and dense forests; local outfitters offer kayak tours, whitewater-rafting trips, and group hikes.
- The hotel's spacious, well-appointed guest rooms evoke a cozy cabin feel with upgraded amenities and fieldstone fireplaces in select rooms.
- The double-queen room can accommodate up to four guests and features a kitchenette with a microwave and a refrigerator.
- When not out on the lake for fishing and swimming, you can lounge by the heated outdoor pool.
- There are many dining spots within walking distance, including a lakefront bar, a pizzeria, and a grocery.
Oakland, Maryland: Quaint Country Town with Recreational Fishing and Mountain Hikes
Oakland is a small mountain town located in the western panhandle of Maryland. Deep Creek Lake, the largest freshwater lake in the state, runs through here, offering miles of scenic coastline. During the summer, you can rent motorboats, water skis, and wakeboards from a number of local sporting shops. Fishing charters—including ice fishing and fly-fishing—set out in search of bass and walleye year-round. There are also plenty of family-friendly activities at the Deep Creek Lake Discovery Center. Set along the shores of a state park, this environmental center houses gardens with native plants and hands-on wildlife exhibits.
The surrounding countryside is filled with more beautiful scenery. Swallow Falls State Park, located north of Oakland, features rocky cliffs and plunging rapids, including a 53-foot waterfall known as Muddy Creek Falls. During the winter, it’s popular to head to Wisp Resort, which offers more than 130 acres of skiable terrain and a guided snowmobile tour.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.