Resort at a Glance: The Inn at Entrada
Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club is currently ranked the seventh-best golf course in Utah by Golf Digest, which calls it a “must-play” for its landscape of black lava beds and rugged arroyos. You’ll enjoy exclusive access to the 18-hole course as a guest of The Inn at Entrada, a luxury resort located inside the gated golf community. You can get views of surrounding sandstone cliffs and rolling dunes from each of the resort’s individual casitas as well as from the onsite restaurant.
- Hollywood connections: High School Musical 2 was filmed here in 2007, and Robert Redford was one of the country club’s original founders.
- In-room amenities: full or partial kitchens, a private one-car garage, and a landscaped patio with beautiful views
- Kokopelli Restaurant and Lounge serves contemporary southwestern cuisine and gourmet steaks and chops, located inside the clubhouse.
- Stand-out spa treatments: the hot rocks and cactus oil massage, and the pumpkin facial, which uses steamed milk and an organic pumpkin puree
- Distance to Zion National Park: 47 miles
St. George, Utah: Red Sandstone Formations and Award-Winning Golf Near National Parks
In 1861, Brigham Young aimed to establish a cotton-growing industry in southwest Utah after the Civil War, when there was a low cotton supply. The area chosen, called Utah’s Dixie and now St. George, yielded little cotton. However, the region and its commercial hub, St. George, are now popular for their fiery-red sandstone bluffs. Scattered throughout the desert are a half-dozen golf courses, including the award-winning 27-hole Sunbrook Golf Course, as well as rivers and lakes open for swimming, fishing, and hiking. Within 150 miles you’ll also find Zion and Bryce National Parks, home to some of the country’s most stunning Wild-West landscapes, such as mind-blowing rock formations and intricate limestone sculptures called “hoodoos.”
Downtown St. George features unique relics from the city’s past as a pioneer town. In the summer, costumed performers entertain tourists at the former winter home of Brigham Young. Notorious Old West outlaws are said to have done time at the old town jail, just steps away at the center of Ancestor Square. Though historical buildings are abundant, the downtown area is home to plenty of contemporary cultural attractions, including art galleries and pottery studios along Main Street.