Hotel at a Glance: The Inn at Gig Harbor
When you step inside The Inn at Gig Harbor you’ll be greeted by a massive stone fireplace, homey seating, and high ceilings. If you’re stressed from the journey, you can unwind with a Swedish or deep-tissue massage at the on-site spa.
- Hearty meals at the on-site restaurant include shrimp omelets and Angus beef tenders.
- Choose a suite for an in-room jetted tub.
- Free WiFi lets you share your vacation photos.
- Stay in shape with the onsite fitness center.
- Distance from Tacoma: 11 miles
- Includes: breakfast for two adults and up to three children (12 and under)
Gig Harbor, Washington: Historical Fishing Town with Quaint Downtown Shops and Breweries
Gig Harbor, located on a bay of Puget Sound about 45 minutes southwest of Seattle and between the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges, has traditionally been a boat-building town and fishing hub. You can learn more about the history of the seafaring community at the Harbor History Museum, where a 65-foot fishing vessel is on display and personal stories and artifacts give visitors a glimpse of what life in Gig Harbor used to be like.
These days, people come in droves to appreciate the town’s lovely vistas of Mount Rainier, as well as the antique shops, art galleries, and upscale boutiques along Gig Harbor’s historical downtown streets. The area is also well known for its breweries, most of which have tasting rooms and tours available to the public.