Hotel at a Glance: The Inn at Natchez Trace State Park
The Inn at Natchez Trace State Park is tucked amid dense forests near the shores of Pin Oak Lake. The area offers a wealth of outdoor activities, including hiking and biking on miles of trails as well as fishing on the lake.
- Free continental breakfast offered daily Monday through Friday.
- Get some sun while lounging by the inn’s pool.
- In-room amenities: cable television, coffeemaker, and views of either the lake or pool
- Seasonal onsite restaurant: Enjoy southern-style buffet dishes and a la carte selections such as fried catfish.
- Bring your boat: There’s a ramp nearby.
- Shoot an arrow on the park’s archery range.
Wildersville, Tennessee: Rural Small Town near Historic Natchez Trace
The small town of Wildersville sits near picturesque farms and the Natchez Trace State Park, where 13.5 miles of hiking trails take you past forests, fields, and Pin Oak Lake. You’ll also find a museum covering local history, as well as cabins, picnic facilities, and a restaurant.
The park sits along an alternate stretch of the Natchez Trace, an American Indian travel and trade route. It lies across the Tennessee River from the main Natchez Trace, a 444-mile parkway that stretches across three states. Walk along some of the still remaining natural trails to see historic Native American mounds as well as some stunningly diverse landscapes, including bayous, swamps, deciduous forests, and limestone caves.