Hotel at a Glance: The Inn on Fifth
The Inn on Fifth enjoys one of the most desirable locations in southwest Florida. It’s on 5th Avenue, a pedestrian-friendly stretch of Old Naples lined with designer boutiques, ritzy restaurants, and ice-cream parlors. It’s also within walking distance of the gulf beach, whose sands are “as fine and white as in the Bahamas,” according to Travel + Leisure magazine. Thanks to its posh amenities and a recent $15 million expansion, however, this AAA Four Diamond hotel is a destination unto itself. Guests can lounge on a 3,600-square-foot rooftop pool deck, feast on fresh seafood, and get feng shui massages all without leaving the front door.
- Standout spa treatment: The Miracle facial restores skin with deionized water, avocado oil, and dead sea mud.
- Signature dish: fresh Florida-stone-crab claws at Truluck’s and fresh Maine lobster at Avenue5
- Nifty in-room amenities: luxurious bedding and Juliet balconies that overlook downtown Naples
- Tee off: The 12th hole at TPC Treviso Bay—1 of more than 80 golf courses in the area—is framed by a lake on one side and an estuary on the other.
- Off-the-beaten-path attraction: Take an airboat tour of the Everglades, one of the world’s largest wetlands, and get up-close glimpses of American crocodiles, leatherback turtles, and Florida panthers.
- Family-friendly attraction: Naples Botanical Garden is home to more than 300 species of native and exotic plants.
Highlights of Naples, Florida
- Pristine coast: Located along the southwest edge of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico, Naples has 10 miles of white-sand beaches.
- Naples Pier extends 1,000 feet into the gulf, leaving room for anglers to cast their lines for pompano, a plump silver fish that makes for good eating.
- Old Naples: Inland, you’ll find art galleries, upscale restaurants, and bars with outdoor patios.
- Third Street South’s open plazas feature antique bronze fountains as well as turn-of-the century cottages and Mediterranean Revival homes.
- Golf Capital of the World: More than 80 championship courses are located in Naples; it has the second-most golf holes per capita in the country, according to World Golf.