What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a city-view king room or partial ocean-view king room, or four in a city-view two-double room or partial ocean-view two-double room
$34.95 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- In-room wired or wireless internet access
- Wireless internet access in the lobby (where applicable)
- Spa and fitness room access
- Seasonal activities
- In-room coffee/tea maker
- In-room local and toll-free calls
Hotel at a Glance: The Modern Honolulu, a Diamond Resort
Voted “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii” by Thrillist, Honolulu’s only full-service luxury hotel paves the way for guests to enjoy the ultimate luxury, relaxing experience during a stay on the beautiful beaches of Honolulu. As described by Forbes Travel Guide, “The Modern Honolulu lives up to its name: it’s modern without being trendy, it’s hip without being stuffy. This sleek 4.5-star hotel is perfect for the urban traveler who tends to mix business with pleasure.” With serene water views on one side and city views on the other, The Modern Honolulu sits as the center-point to an unforgettable island retreat.
Rooms with simple luxury: Furnished in custom white designs, fabric, and décor, the rooms at this hotel welcome relaxation and rejuvenation, with sliding window screens to enjoy an island breeze and oversized bathrooms.
Sunrise & Sunset pools: In the heart of the resort under tropical native trees sits the Sunrise Pool, where guests can soak in the sun on a lounge chair on the cool-wood deck. The ascending staircase leads to the Sunset Pool, which sits directly atop the Sunrise Pool and offers a more intimate pool retreat featuring a lagoon of cobalt glass.
The Grove Restaurant & Bar: A recipient of OpenTable’s 2018 Diner’s Choice Award, the on-site restaurant features specialty dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients – including fresh straight-from-the-water seafood – to be paired with a selection from the expertly-curated wine list or a signature cocktail. The Grove Restaurants & Bar is operating with limited hours/service: The Grove Restaurant - Counter service for walk up grab & go or order to go. Self-Seating available. (7AM-7PM) The Grove Bar - Self order style with limited menu (11AM-7PM)
Waikiki, Honolulu: White-Sand Beaches, World-Class Surfing, and Luxury Entertainment
When they’re not surfing or sunbathing on Waikiki’s beach, most travelers explore the area’s busy avenues lined with everything from upscale boutiques and nightclubs to craft booths and street performers. Other attractions include the Honolulu Zoo, which houses exotic and endangered species such as sumatran tigers and white-handed gibbons, and the Waikiki Aquarium, where more than 3,500 creatures of the Pacific glide throughout glassed-in galleries.
Also nearby is one of Hawaii’s most recognizable natural landmarks, Diamond Head State Monument—a 300,000-year-old saucer formed by a single eruption. Hikers can walk along a trail where molten lava once smoldered to ascend to the crater’s 560-foot-tall lip.
City-View King Room or Partial Ocean-View King Room
- One king bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
City-View Two-Double Room or Partial Ocean-View Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 4
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- $34.95 resort fee includes: in-room wired or wireless internet access, wireless internet access in the lobby (where applicable), spa and fitness room access, seasonal activities, in-room coffee/tea maker, and in-room local and toll-free calls.
- Parking: valet available for an additional $24.95 plus tax per night.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Central pool with cool-wood deck
- Upper-level pool with lagoon and lounge seating
- Poolside restaurant and bar
- Fitness center
- Oceanfront activities and equipment located nearby
The Fine Print
- 72-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $200 security deposit paid at check-in
- $34.95 daily resort fee plus tax paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Modern Honolulu By Diamond Resorts
- Nearest airport: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL; 8 mi)
- Cab fare: about $30 from HNL, including a 15% tip