Hotel At a Glance: The Morgan–San Simeon
As you drive along famously scenic Highway 1 along California’s coast, The Morgan–San Simeon is a convenient and upscale place to stop for the night. This boutique hotel is close to Hearst Castle and features complimentary breakfast and an outdoor pool, as well as comfortable rooms, some of which have fireplaces.
- Hearst Castle is just a few minutes’ drive away—be sure to book a tour ahead of time.
- Close day trips: The scenic village of Cambria and Paso Robles Wine Country
- Complimentary breakfast is served each morning and includes pastries from a local bakery
- Spacious rooms: Guest rooms have mini-fridges and free WiFi; deluxe rooms have fireplaces
- Splash into the outdoor pool and lounge around the patio
- Indulge in relaxation with onsite massage services
Check out our other Broughton Hotel deal in Studio City, CA.
San Simeon, California: Elephant Seals and Hearst Castle
When walking around the beaches of San Simeon, make sure not to trip over elephant seals. Home to an enormous elephant seal population and free rookery, San Simeon’s beaches are popular spots for viewing the animals up close. There’s more than seal-watching to do in this charming Californian city that’s midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. This is the home of the opulent Hearst Castle, the 1947 dream home of William Randolph Hearst, which is set on 127 acres of gardens and pools. Visitors can take guided tours of the castle’s 165 lavish rooms and marvel at the outdoor pool, which holds 345,000 gallons of water.
There’s also no shortage of quick day trips to be made from San Simeon—grab a seat on the Wine Wrangler, a wine-tasting shuttle tour that takes passengers around the many vineyards in nearby Paso Robles Wine Country. You can also visit Cambria Village, a charming town with art galleries and unique antique shops, about five miles away from San Simeon.