What You Get
View local health guidelines for travel here
- Stay for two in a metro queen room, metro-view queen room, or metro-view two-double room
- Up to two kids 17 or younger stay free in a metro-view two-double room
$40 Daily Resort Fee Includes
- Premium WiFi
- Unlimited domestic and international calls
- Access to the business center
- Access to the fitness center
- Cleaning fee
Hotel at a Glance: The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel
Since The New Yorker Hotel opened in 1929, its guest list has been veritable who’s who of Manhattan—Joe DiMaggio, Muhammad Ali, John F. Kennedy, and Joan Crawford have all stayed here. The 4-star hotel’s swanky Art Deco decor is right at home around Midtown’s iconic 34th Street—the Empire State Building is just down the street. All the guest rooms also sport Art Deco decor, which coexists with modern amenities such as flat-screen TVs and wireless Internet.
- Dine well at onsite restaurants; Trattoria Bianca boasts refined Italian fare, while the open-all-hours Tick Tock Diner—an iconic NYC institution—serves breakfast all day. Butcher & Banker’s prime USDA steaks are savored in the old bank vault below the hotel.
- Exercise in the fitness center, which includes cardio equipment as well as strength-training machines.
- See the city with the help of an onsite concierge.
- Nearby landmarks: Times Square, the Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden
Times Square, Manhattan: Flashy Neon Lights and World-Class Culture
Times Square is at the intersection of Broadway and Seventh Avenue in Midtown Manhattan. The famous address—affectionately known as “the Crossroads of the World”—is home to hypnotizing billboards, giant wraparound news tickers, and the neon lights of Broadway. Beyond the glitz and gimmicks, there are a number of cultural offerings in the area, ranging from museums to Michelin-rated restaurants. Buildings of historical and architectural interest include the Paramount Building and One Times Square, site of the annual New Year’s Eve ball drop.
Nearby, the Museum of Modern Art houses a trove of masterpieces including Vincent van Gogh’s The Starry Night, Claude Monet’s Water Lilies paintings, and Andy Warhol’s Campbell’s Soup Cans. Save time for a stroll through the museum’s outdoor sculpture garden, where installations are clustered around sparkling reflecting pools. About a mile north of Times Square, the David H. Koch Theater is home to one of the world’s foremost dance companies—the New York City Ballet, which stages contemporary works as well as classics like Swan Lake and The Nutcracker.
Metro Queen Room and Metro-View Queen Room
- One queen bed
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 2
Metro-View Two-Double Room
- Two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy:4
- Adding occupants above standard: $25 per night for each additional guest 18 or older; kids 17 or younger stay free
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- $40 resort fee includes: cleaning fee, premium WiFi, unlimited domestic & international calls, access to the business center (internet, printing etc.), and access to the fitness center.
- Parking: self parking and valet available for an additional fee, please contact property for details.
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: up to two pets may be added for an additional $50 per pet per night.
- Accessibility: please contact property for handicap accessibility requests or options.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Upscale Italian restaurant and steakhouse
- 24-hour diner
- WiFi access
- Fitness center
- Pet-friendly (fees apply)
- 48-hour cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- $40 daily resort fee (includes cleaning fee) plus tax paid at check-in
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel
- Nearest airports: LaGuardia (LGA; 9 mi) and John F. Kennedy International (JFK; 18 mi)
- Cab fare: about $30 from LGA and about $55 from JFK, including a 15% tip
- Nearest transit stop: 34th St. and Penn Station via MTA