Hotel at a Glance: The Omni Homestead Resort
The Omni Homestead Resort is considered one of the country’s most iconic resorts, with a prestigious guest book that includes more than 20 US presidents. Golfing legend Sam Snead honed his game on the onsite Cascades course, and the Rockefellers and Vanderbilts once strolled the grand halls and gaming lawns. Today, the 4.5-star Homestead hotel—set on 2,300 acres in the Allegheny Mountains—is as grand as ever. The Omni Homestead Resort was named one of the Top 20 Resorts in The South by the Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards in 2016.
- Rest up in a guest room or suite decorated in a traditional Virginian style.
- Notable honors: AAA Four Diamond award and TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Play a round of golf on the Old course, which dates back to 1892 and earned praise from William Howard Taft and Dwight D. Eisenhower.
- Dine well at on-site restaurants and bars, including Jefferson’s Restaurant and Bar and the sophisticated Dining Room.
- Ride the Red Tail Racer: Dive into the fun of this dual racing zip. At 1,300 feet long, the two dueling lines span from the ski area mid-station to the Mountain Lodge and is perfect for all adventurers, including kids 8 years or older. Reservations are required in advance and subject to availability and weather. Must be at least 4’6” tall and weigh 80lbs or more.
- The Ridge Runner Zip Tour is now available, open daily. At the top of the ski area, guests proceed to the first of nine stations which crisscross through the treetops. Certified guides lead the group through a series of zip lines while sharing interesting facts about the area. Nature lovers and thrill-seekers alike can find something to excite them, while families, couples, corporate groups, and groups of friends can create an unforgettable memory.
Bath County, Virginia: Warm Mineral Springs amid Allegheny Mountains
Bath County—a highlands region in western Virginia—is named for its wealth of natural thermal springs. Since the early 1700s, visitors such as George Washington have traveled to Bath County for a relaxing soak said to promote mental and physical well-being. Adding to the air of relaxation, the area is known for its unspoiled scenery. Spend an afternoon hiking the trails that wend through forests next to freshwater streams, or hop in your car for a scenic drive on country roads that crest over the Allegheny Mountains.
If you’re looking for a splash of culture, Bath County also supports a prolific arts community. At the Garth Newel Music Center, you can enjoy an intimate concert followed by a gourmet meal with the musicians. The center also hosts festivals and champagne brunches throughout the year.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What restaurants are located on property? The Omni Homestead has a variety of restaurants from the casual Casino to the refined, contemporary Jefferson’s and the formal Main Dining Room. The resort also offers 24-hour room service.
2. Are reservations required for dining on property? Reservations are required for dinner in all restaurants. Please call (800) 838-1766 ext 3.
3. What activities are available on property? The Omni Homestead offers a wide range of recreational activities including two championship golf courses, an expansive spa, tennis, horseback riding, carriage rides, miniature golf and fly-fishing. Allegheny Springs is the resort’s year-round outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool. In winter months, an ice skating rink completes the experience. The Shooting Club offers trap, skeet, five-stand and two sporting clays courses. Other resort activities include mountain biking, archery, falconry, the Cascades Gorge hike, history tours, movies, indoor swimming, croquet and lawn games. DownTime is a family friendly game area with billiards, mini bowling, air hockey, and arcade games. In winter, guests can enjoy skiing and snowboarding, as well as tubing at the Mountain Lodge facility.
4. Are reservations required for activities on property? Reservations are required for most resort activities except for swimming, movies, lawn games, miniature golf, skiing, snowboarding and DownTime. Please call (800) 838-1766 ext 3.