Top Reasons to Visit The Palms Hotel
- Located along the Atlantic beachfront on South Carolina’s picturesque Isle of Palms barrier island, The Palms Hotel is in a convenient spot for those looking to fish, hunt for crabs, or surf along the coast.
- Each guest room features bright, beach-themed decor and complimentary wireless Internet access. Partial-view rooms have private balconies that afford views of the Atlantic.
- You can catch some sun in the outdoor pool or rent a beach umbrella and head to the shore, just steps from the hotel.
- Less than a 20-minute drive away, you can explore historic downtown Charleston’s cobblestone streets, which are lined with colorful antebellum buildings and gas lamps.
- You can start your morning with a continental breakfast, which is served daily.
Isle of Palms, South Carolina: Secluded Beaches in Upscale Enclave near Charleston
Isle of Palms, an affluent barrier island just east of Charleston, has remained a popular vacation spot since the early 1900s, thanks to its pristine beaches, pleasant year-round temperatures, and relative seclusion. It's a quiet place where you can enjoy breakfast or lunch at a café along the waterfront or climb aboard a tour boat to explore neighboring islands. Keep an eye out for native pelicans, bottlenose dolphins, and loggerhead sea turtles, who come ashore to lay their eggs.
About 15 miles away is the historic city of Charleston, steeped in old-fashioned Southern glamour. Some antebellum mansions have been converted to fine-dining restaurants where you can partake in elegant dinners amid vintage decor. Elsewhere in Charleston’s historic district, take a stroll through the public garden and historic landmark known as the Battery & White Point Gardens. After the Civil War began, this waterfront park was fortified with Confederate cannons and mortars, some of which are still on display today.
Read the Fine Print for important info on travel dates and other restrictions.