Hotel at a Glance: The Paw House Inn
The Paw House Inn is one of a choice few bed and breakfasts in the country that encourages you to bring your dog. In fact, the inn is designed for that very purpose. Featured on CNN with Anderson Cooper and the Travel Channel and in the New York Times, The Paw House Inn is set in a historical farmhouse, with tail-proofed decor and designated areas where four-legged friends can romp.
- Onsite doggie care: If you want to head out during your stay, you can leave your pup at the onsite Mario’s Playhouse.
- Let your dog run free in the off-leash, fenced-in Paw House Park, which has an obstacle course and plenty of room for running.
- Dog-friendly accommodations: Guest rooms feature custom dog beds; up to two dogs stay for free. Many rooms have views of the meadow, the countryside, or the hills.
- Winter activities: Located minutes from base lodges Pico and Killington and close to hundreds of snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trails, with dog-watchers available free of charge
- Full country breakfasts are served each morning. The menu changes daily, but has included housemade waffles, omelets, and local Vermont products.
- Nearby towns include: Brandon, Manchester, Woodstock, and Middlebury.
Green Mountains, Vermont: Historical Towns Surrounded by Wilderness
Named for the layers of stately evergreens that carpet their slopes, the Green Mountains are a branch of the ancient Appalachians that stretches north to south through the center of Vermont.
The landscape is home to other rugged scenery, including alpine lakes, and more than 900 miles of mixed-use trails for skiing and shoeing.
The mountains are punctuated by quaint Vermont villages where white church steeples border organic farms and creameries.
Pico mountain features 57 trails, 7 lifts, and 19 miles of terrain ripe for winter-lovers, and Green Mountain Rock-Climbing Center is just a short drive from Killington, which boasts gondola rides running up its impressive 4,241-foot frame, snowmobile tours, fat-bike rentals, and a tubing park.