Hotel at a Glance: The Polynesian Resort
Set right on the ocean, The Polynesian Resort is a popular hotel in the middle of Ocean Shores, one of Washington’s most-visited coastal getaways. Here, you’ll find miles of trails to explore and be just a few steps from the water and your own private park. An onsite restaurant and game room add to the already-large list of amenities that makes this resort family-friendly.
- Listen to waves crashing in your spacious studio, motel room, or one- or two-bedroom suite, which might feature a kitchenette or ocean views.
- Exclusive park: Hang out, BBQ, and play basketball and volleyball at the resort’s private park
- Grab a bite at the onsite Mariah’s Restaurant and Lounge, open 4-8:30 p.m. daily, and 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Sundays for breakfast, and features seafood, pasta, and steaks, or enjoy a drink at the lounge.
- Wake up right with a complimentary breakfast, served Monday-Saturday, or go for the big Sunday breakfast buffet, which is served from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Splash around in the heated indoor pool, or relax in the spa and sauna
- Notable awards: A TripAdvisor 2014 Certificate of Excellence winner.
- Stay connected: with the complimentary WiFi
Ocean Shores, Washington: Lengthy Beaches and Links-Style Golf
In July and December, high tides bring natural drama to Point Brown peninsula, the skinny landmass in coastal Washington that’s home to the city of Ocean Shores. At those times of year, waves up to 12 feet high pound the coast with a deafening roar. During the tides, spectators gather to see strong winds whip the sea into a frenzy.
But most of the time, this seaside resort town is calm. At Ocean Shores Golf Course, the only furor you’re likely to see is from players who lose golf balls in the thick rough of the links-style back nine. And with some 30 miles of beaches—some of them reachable only on foot—Ocean Shores offers plenty of quiet spots to relax and soak up the gorgeous Pacific Northwest scenery.