Resort at a Glance: Presidential Suites by Lifestyle – Puerto Plata Dominican Republic
If it weren’t for the beauty of the Dominican Republic located just outside the door, you’d be hard-pressed to find a reason to leave the resort in Puerto Plata. Each king or double suite boasts a full complement of luxurious amenities, including air conditioning, a flat-screen TV, jetted tub, and large balcony or terrace.
- All-inclusive: Your package includes all meals, snacks, and drinks (with taxes and tips covered), as well as golf and nightly entertainment.
- VIP Package included as part of this deal gets you into the VIP beach, VIP NV Beach, VIP pool, and popular premium or top-shelf liquors.
- Take a dip in the outdoor pool, whose beauty is enhanced by the gentle cascades of a built-in waterfall.
- Keep kids happy at the resort’s two youth clubs: one for youngsters, and one for teens.
- Eat to your stomach’s content at the nine a la carte restaurants and two buffets as part of the Lifestyle Holidays Vacation complex. That means you can try everything from Indian to Brazilian dishes while you stay in the Caribbean.
- Get active on one of the tennis courts, or test out your free-throw game on the resort’s basketball court. Your all-inclusive package also includes green fees at the nearby Los Mangos golf course.
- Grab a drink at 12 bars spread out among the complex, ranging from a dessert bar at the pool to a whiskey bar along the beach.
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic: Waterfalls, Beaches, and Centuries-Old Historical Sites
Situated on the northern coast of the Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata is best known for its sun-kissed beaches. But the province has several breathtaking geographical features inland as well. Damajagua is a natural water park of sorts—it features 27 waterfalls flowing from limestone formations. Tour guides lead groups through the falls, and you can swim and occasionally slide down the natural water slides.
You can get an aerial view of Puerto Plata and the Caribbean Sea on a teleférico, or cable car. One of them climbs 2,565 feet to the apex of Mount Isabel de Torres, which is crowned with botanical gardens and a replica of Rio de Janeiro’s massive Christ the Redeemer statue. Take a scenic drive to Parque Histórico La Isabela and you’ll find the remains of a church as well as the ruins of a colonial village.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Gregorio Luperón International Airport (POP) is 16 miles from the resort. The property has private transfers for 1–5 people available for $55 one-way. Reservations for the transfers can be made here.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests staying in a room. If you’ll be adding occupants above standard, an additional fee applies: $90 USD per adult per night and $50 USD children from 4–11 years old per night.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Groupon customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not included with the Groupon.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here. The Christmas gala dinner on 12/24 is an additional $80.00 per adult and $40 for children ages 4-11.
6. What kind of “local beers and spirits” are included in this all-inclusive VIP package? The local beer on draft is usually Presidente and the VIP package includes popular premium or top-shelf liquors available in the VIP areas listed in the Hotel at a Glance.