New 4.5-star all-inclusive adults-only hotel in downtown Playa del Carmen, a block from the beach; air not included
You’re viewing a property from our Premium Collection, a selection of top properties that are guaranteed to have a rating of 4 stars or higher.
Hotel at a Glance: The Reef 28
Little ones aren’t allowed in The Reef 28’s rooftop pool—or anywhere else at the luxurious hotel. Only adults get to take in its views of downtown Playa del Carmen and lounge in its shaded cabanas. The rooftop is just one of many posh features grownups enjoy at this new 4.5-star urban chic hotel a block from the beach.
- All-inclusive perks include meals and unlimited drinks, along with an in-room minibar.
- Three restaurants with food ranging from Asian to Mexican
- The junior suite is outfitted with a private terrace and high-tech amenities such as a free high-speed WiFi.
- The master suite adds a separate living-and-dining area and a jetted tub.
- More to see: Guests get access to the beaches and can use their all-inclusive packages at The Reef 28’s two sister resorts: The Reef Playacar and The Reef Coco Beach.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? The hotel is approximately 34 miles from Cancun International Airport (CUN).
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to make another purchase? The deal covers an all-inclusive stay for two adults. Up to two additional adults may be added to the master suite and junior suite for a fee. Please contact the property for additional occupancy pricing details.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not included with the deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please click here or call 866-680-4558, Monday–Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. local time.