What You Get
Per CDC guidelines, travel to Mexico is highly discouraged at this time due to the increased COVID-19 levels currently being reported. Please view the latest travel information here.
✈ CDC Travel Order: Effective 1/26/21 all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country must get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
COVID-19 Testing: Beginning 1/23/21 as part of their health and safety measures, The Reef Coco Beach, will be offering COVID-19 antigen tests for an additional US$33; and PCR tests for an additional US$150. For guest comfort, the test will be available at the resort. Guests may schedule the appointment upon check-in. Any guests testing positive for COVID-19 will receive a discounted nightly rate, while they quarantine for 14 days. Additional information is available here.
- Stay for two in a superior room or premium room
- Select option includes daily breakfast
- Select options include all-inclusive service
- Up to two kids 3 or younger stay free
Included in superior room all-inclusive service:
- All meals and snacks
- A la carte dinner at Italian and Mexican restaurants
- Unlimited domestic alcohol and nonalcoholic drinks
- Beach towels, chairs, and umbrellas
- Bicycle rentals
- Daily activities
- Kids Club (ages 4 to 12)
- Gym access
- Nonmotorized watersports
- Nightly entertainment
- WiFi access
Included in premium room all-inclusive service:
- All services in standard all-inclusive stays
- Access to Beach Lounge Bar with VIP service
- Dinner at the new Japanese Restaurant Samurai (subject to availability; reservations required)
- Premium international alcoholic beverages
- Access to The Reef Playacar to use all hotel installations (transportation included) subject to availability
Hotel at a Glance: The Reef Coco Beach
Located along the picturesque Caribbean coastline, The Reef Coco Beach invites guests of all ages for the holiday of their lifetime. The classic, intimate style of the resort allows guests to wind down at the private beach, or chill by the expansive outdoor pool.
- Direct beach access: From this hotel’s doors, it’s only a short trek to the private beach.
- Make a splash in the hotel’s outdoor pool, which is open year-round.
- Boost the stamina at the hotel’s gym.
- Sparkly shopping at the hotel’s jewelry shop.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into ex-pats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancun International Airport is approximately 34 miles from the property. Airport transfers are available for an additional fee (airfare not included). Contact email@example.com for more information.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to make another purchase? The voucher covers two guests. Please contact the property directly at (866) 511-6776 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional occupant pricing.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are required for Samurai, but reservations for the other onsite restaurants are not required. There is a dress code of long pants and closed-toe shoes at Sabor Latino, Rosinella, and Samurai. For more information regarding your dining options, please click here or call (866) 511-6776.
- One king bed or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 4
- Adding occupants above standard: please contact property for each additional guest 4 or older; kids 3 or younger stay free.
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside rooms or restaurants, smoking is permitted on balconies and public spaces.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available by calling the property or at check-in for an additional cost.
- Parking (complimentary)
- Pool (outdoor)
- Two hot tubs
- Direct beach access
- Complimentary WiFi
- Mini fridge
- Bicycle rental
- Boutique and jewelry shop
The Fine Print
- 4-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- $1.50 daily environmental fee paid at check-in
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Reef Coco Beach
- Nearest airports: Aerodromo de Playa Del Carmen (PCM; 3mi) and Cancun International Airport (CUN, 55mi)
- Cab fare: $10 from PCM, including a 15% tip
- Distance from Cancun: about 46 miles