What You Get
Per CDC guidelines, travel to Mexico is highly discouraged at this time due to the increased COVID-19 levels currently being reported. Please view the latest travel information here.
✈ CDC Travel Order: Effective 1/26/21 all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country must get tested for COVID-19 infection no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to provide proof of the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. More information on this testing requirement can be found here.
COVID-19 Testing: Beginning 1/23/21 as part of their health and safety measures, The Reef Playacar Resort & Spa, will be offering COVID-19 antigen tests for an additional 500 pesos; and PCR tests for an additional 2500 pesos. For guest comfort, the test will be available at the resort. Guests may schedule the appointment upon check-in. Any guests testing positive for COVID-19 will receive a discounted nightly rate, while they quarantine for 14 days. Additional information is available here.
- Stay for two in a superior room or a premium room
- Select option includes daily breakfast
- Select options include all-inclusive service
- Kids 3 or younger stay free
Included in superior room all-inclusive service:
- All meals and snacks
- Complimentary WiFi
- Nonmotorized watersports
- Gym access
- Bicycle rentals
- Kids Club (ages 4 to 12)
- A la carte dinner at Italian and Mexican restaurants
Included in premium room all-inclusive service:
- All services in superior all-inclusive stays
- 25% discount for spa services
- In-room coffee maker
- Minibar stocked with soft drinks and beers daily
- One bottle of wine in room on arrival
- Access to The Reef Coco Beach to use all hotel installations (transportation available)
- Access to a Japanese restaurant (located at The Reef Coco Beach, reservation required)
- Access to exclusive lounge bar on the beach
- WiFi access throughout
- Premium brand cocktails and drinks in all our bars
- Upgraded bath amenities and bathrobes
Resort at a Glance: The Reef Playacar Resort & Spa
At The Reef Playacar Resort & Spa, a short walk is all that separates you from warm white sand and the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean Sea. Native birds and palm trees line the resort’s winding paths, and the foliage grows right up into the interior of the Reef Spa. This same jungle-like setting surrounds swimming pools and performance venues, which host entertainment day and night.
- Onsite dining: three restaurants, including Botticelli, an Italian à la carte eatery; Terraza Grill, a Mexican à la carte restaurant; and the Chulavista buffet. There’s also a snack bar, an ice-cream parlor, and an outdoor tea café.
- Sip a cold beer at one of the bars, including a swim-up bar and one on the beach.
- Learn something new: Resort instructors teach scuba in the pool.
- Explore the coastline: Check out the resort’s sea kayaks, bicycles, and snorkeling gear.
- Enjoy nightly shows and live entertainment at the Theater.
- Local tours: Swim with dolphins, explore Mayan ruins, and take part in a pirate night show (additional fees apply).
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancún International (CUN) is about 35 miles from the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to make another purchase? The deal covers two guests. Please contact property at email@example.com for each additional guest 3 or older; kids 2 or younger stay free.
3. Will I be approached to attend a timeshare sales presentation? Customers are never obligated to attend a sales presentation. If you are approached and decline a presentation, you will not lose the value of your voucher or have to pay additional fees.
4. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credits are not included with the deal.
5. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? Dinner reservations are required for all a la carte restaurants and dress code is required for Botticelli and Terraza Grill. Dress code: Not allowed to wear sandals, pool clothes, hats or shirts without sleeves. For Chula Vista, guests are not allowed to be wet, without shirt, shorts, or skirt, or barefoot. For more information about your dining options, please click here or call 877-252-9450.
6. Are there any protocols in place regarding COVID-19? Yes, please click here for detailed information about what steps the property is taking to keep guests safe.
- One king bed or two double beds
- Standard occupancy: 2
- Maximum occupancy: 3 adults, 3 adults + 1 kid, or 2 adults + 2 kids
- Adding occupants above standard: for each additional guest 3 or older please contact properly for pricing and details; kids 3 and younger stay free
- Check in: 3 p.m.
- Check out: 12 p.m.
- Parking: free
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property.
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: upgrades may be available during booking or at check-in for an additional cost.
- A la carte restaurants
- Fitness center; classes include aqua-aerobics
- Complimentary WiFi
- Outdoor pool
- Nonmotorized watersports, including kayaking, paddleboarding, and catamarans
- Tour desk (fees apply)
- Daily activities
- Kids’ activities
- Nightly entertainment
- Spa (fees apply)
- 3-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 18+ to check in Credit card required at check-in
- Must present valid US or Canadian ID at check-in
- All prices and charges listed in US Dollars
- Purchases are in US Dollars
- Foreign exchange fee may apply
- Airfare not included
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services
- An official Environmental Tax of $2 USD maximum, per night, will be charged in our hotels located in Solidaridad, Quintana Roo (Playa del Carmen).
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.
About The Reef Playacar Resort & Spa
- Nearest airport: Cancún International (CUN; 35 mi/56 km)
- Distance from Cancún: 40 miles (64 km)