Hotel at a Glance: The River Inn at Seaside
This recently built inn is located right along the Necanicum River. It’s set one block from Broadway Street restaurants and the scenic beachfront, and 2 blocks from the Seaside Aquarium.
- Take a dip in the indoor saltwater pool.
- Watch a movie: You can borrow titles from the inn’s DVD library free of charge.
- Free deluxe continental breakfast served each morning
- Grab a bite: Have a Kobe beef burger or pan-roasted wild salmon at Twisted Fish Steakhouse. A $10 dinner credit with a purchase of $25 or more is included, valid at Fultanos Pizza, Twisted Fish & Steakhouse, and Finn’s.
- Pedal along the waterfront with complimentary bike rentals.
- Local artwork hangs throughout the inn.
Seaside, Oregon: Coastal Beauty Surrounding a Family-Friendly Town
Located along Oregon’s Pacific coast, about 80 miles northwest of Portland, the resort town of Seaside has attracted beachcombers since the late 19th century. More recently, the coastal village has become a family destination marked by historical buildings, tree-lined boulevards, and plenty of kid-friendly activities, including mini golf, bumper cars, and arcades.
A 1.5-mile oceanfront promenade—known locally as the Prom—stretches along the beach, its boardwalk speckled with shops and restaurants near grass-covered dunes. Along the Prom, you’ll find a bronze statue of Lewis and Clark that faces the ocean at the historic Seaside Turnaround—the spot where the explorers are thought to have ended their epic westward trek. The Seaside Aquarium is also located along the promenade. Pop in to visit its aquatic residents, including a giant Pacific octopus, tropical fish, and several crowd-pleasing harbor seals.
For spectacular ocean views, journey a few miles south of town to the rainforest-covered Tillamook Head, a promontory point that towers 1,000 feet above the craggy coastline. Open year-round, a moderate, 3.6-mile roundtrip hike leads to the summit.