Hotel at a Glance: The St. Martin Boutique Hotel
In just 10 minutes, you can stroll into the surf straight from your room at The St. Martin Boutique Hotel. Its central location is also just 5 minutes from the popular Quinta Avenida, which is home to hip shops and lively restaurants and bars.
- Skip the crowds and go for a swim in the hotel’s courtyard pool with elegant water feature.
- Relax on the patio, which is beautifully furnished with hardwood floors, black chandeliers, and a view of the pool.
- Explore: concierge is available to book daily excursions. Additional fees may apply.
Playa del Carmen, Mexico: Trendy Beach Area and Diving Destination
Just across the sea from the island of Cozumel, Playa del Carmen has been called “the hippest city in all of the Yucatán Peninsula” by Lonely Planet. The laid-back beach bars and cafés have a way of converting vacationers into expats, but Playa’s most compelling draw might be its cenotes—cavernous sinkholes filled with turquoise pools. The water in the cenotes is crystal clear, particularly at the lily-pad-dotted Xlacah cenote, where you can snorkel among schools of colorful fish.
To the south, you’ll find preserved ruins of pre-Columbian cities. Tulum’s crumbling temples are situated above a dramatic ocean bluff, and Coba’s enormous pyramid rises between two lagoons. For a fun day trip, hop aboard the ferry to Cozumel, which docks at the pier east of Calle 1. There are about a dozen dive shops on Cozumel, and they offer trips offshore to the reefs that Jacques Cousteau declared some of the world’s most beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best way to travel to the hotel from the airport? Cancún International Airport (CUN) is the closest airport to the property.
2. Is there an additional occupancy fee, or do I have to purchase another Groupon? The Groupon covers two guests. The additional occupancy fee is $15 per night for each additional guest 13 or older; kids 12 or younger stay free.
3. Which activities and amenities are included in the resort credits? Resort credit is not included with the Groupon.
4. Are dinner reservations required for restaurants? Is there a dress code? For information regarding your dining options, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.