These spacious, kid-friendly suites are near Branson’s White River Basin and live shows on Highway 76
Hotel at a Glance: The Suites at Fall Creek
There’s nothing in America quite like Branson—Frommer’s calls it “a miniature Vegas without the gambling or showgirls, a G-rated destination where families outnumber swinging singles 10-to-1.”
- Whip up a meal: Each unit has a partial or full kitchen with cooking utensils.
- Relax in your room with a DVD rental from the onsite library.
- Distance to the Branson strip: about 3 miles.
- Gone fishing: All guests have access to the marina on property, where they may dock their own boat, or rent one for the day. Additional fees apply.
- Resort Amenities: An indoor and outdoor pools, a miniature golf course, gym, an indoor activity room, and free weekly shows on property
Branson, Missouri: Family-Friendly Theaters and Concert Halls in the Ozarks
If you take a drive through the Ozarks in Missouri, it might seem like an unlikely place to find glittering lights and stage shows—for the most part, it’s a rolling plateau of wooded hills, snaking rivers, and limestone bluffs. But follow down Route 76 and you’ll find Branson, which looks like a miniature, more family-friendly version of Las Vegas. Dozens of stages and music halls line Branson’s main strip, some of which are owned by stars such as Dolly Parton. On any given night you can watch anything from country music performances to circus acrobatics to magic shows.
If you’re traveling with kids, Silver Dollar City is a safe bet; it’s located about 5 miles west of the strip. The popular theme park is built around Marvel Cave and modeled after an 18th-century frontier town. Here you can hop on a mine-car roller coaster and take a tour by lantern through limestone caverns.