Top Reasons to Stay at The Summit Beach Resort
- The resort is located on the Gulf of Mexico next to 600 feet of private white sand beach.
- Guests can arrange parasailing trips, dolphin encounters, jet-ski rentals, banana boat rides, and other water activities.
- The resort’s spacious condos are perfect for large families or groups.
- Sip a cocktail from the Tiki Bar, which is next to two outdoor pools. There are also hot tubs onsite.
- You can grab snacks, sandwiches, and sundries at the Summit Market Shop or head down the street to the Wine Spectator award-winning Firefly restaurant.
- Head to the onsite tennis courts for a quick game, or work off dinner at the fitness center.
Panama City Beach, Florida: Sugar-White Beaches, Spring Breakers, and Scuba-Diving Spots
Panama City Beach’s slogan—“The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches”—may seem boastful. But TripAdvisor helped back up this claim in 2013, naming the local St. Andrews State Park as having 1 of the top 25 beaches in the United States. The park also has two fishing piers, a jetty, and a boat ramp, plus nature trails for bird watching. Elsewhere in town, you can arrange a scuba-diving trip to explore the area’s dozens of natural and artificial reefs.
Every March and April, spring breakers descend on the white-sand beaches and fill the streets outside dance clubs. The rest of the year, however, the atmosphere is more relaxed and geared toward families. There are numerous amusement parks along the 20-plus miles of shoreline. Many of the popular seafood restaurants and bars here overlook the Gulf of Mexico.
If you’re looking to escape the crowds, take the ferry to Shell Island, an uninhabited, 7-mile-long barrier island. On the ride over, you might see some of the bottlenose dolphins that frequent these warm waters. Once there, you can soak in the sun on the empty beaches and go snorkeling. It’s also worth it to visit the nature preserve at Conservation Park, which has 24 miles of trails. One 11-mile trek goes past wooden boardwalks and wetlands; keep your eyes peeled and you might see woodpeckers in the trees and alligators lurking beside cypresses.
What You Get
- Stay for six in a one-bedroom or two-bedroom gulf front condo or stay for eight in a three-bedroom gulf-front condo
- Dates into February
Policies and Fees
- Reservations: Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- Cancellation policy: 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable.
- Additional fees: Discounted cleaning fee ($75 - 1BR; $105 - 2BR; $120 - 3BR) and $45 non-refundable damage waiver paid at check-in. 12.615% tax and 5% reservation fee added at purchase.
- Rates may vary by date and are subject to availability
No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate; no refunds, rescheduling, or rebooking allowed. Read the Fine Print for important info on offer details and other restrictions.
Amenities and Room Details
- 600-foot private beach
- Poolside tiki bar
- Two pools, two hot tubs, and one whirlpool
One-Bedroom Gulf Front Condo
- One king or queen bed, two bunk beds, and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
Two-Bedroom Gulf Front Condo
- Two king or queen beds and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 6
- Maximum occupancy: 6
Three-Bedroom Gulf Front Condo
- Three king or queen beds and one sleeper sofa
- Standard occupancy: 8
- Maximum occupancy: 8
- Check in: 4 p.m.
- Check out: 10 a.m.
- Parking: free
- Rollaways: not available
- Smoking policy: no smoking inside the property
- Pet policy: pets are not allowed inside the property.
- Accessibility: handicap-accessible rooms are not available.
- Room upgrades: not available
- Nearest airport: Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport (ECP; 20 miles)
- Cab fare: about $49 from ECP
- Distance from Panama City: 10 miles
The Fine Print
- Dates cannot be changed once booked; valid only for night(s) purchased
- 8-day cancellation notice required prior to check-in or reservation is non-refundable; reservations made within cancellation window are non-refundable
- No-shows will be charged total Groupon rate
- Traveler name must match ID at time of check-in
- No refunds will be processed by Groupon after check-in
- Must be 21 or older to check in
- Credit card required at check-in
- Not valid with reward points
- Discounted cleaning fee ($75 - 1BR; $105 - 2BR; $120 - 3BR) and $45 non-refundable damage waiver paid at check-in
- 12.615% tax and 5% reservation fee added at purchase.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.