Top Reasons to Stay at The Summit Beach Resort
- The resort is located on the Gulf of Mexico next to 600 feet of private white-sand beachfront.
- Guests can arrange parasailing trips, dolphin encounters, jet-ski rentals, banana boat rides, and other water activities.
- The resort’s spacious condos are perfect for large families or groups.
- Sip a cocktail from the Tiki Bar, which is next to two outdoor pools. There are also hot tubs onsite.
- You can grab snacks, sandwiches, and sundries at the Summit Market Shop or head down the street to the Wine Spectator award-winning Firefly restaurant.
- Head to the onsite tennis courts for a quick game, or work off dinner at the fitness center.
Panama City Beach, Florida: Sugar-White Beaches and Scuba-Diving Spots
Panama City Beach’s slogan—“The World’s Most Beautiful Beaches”—may seem boastful. But TripAdvisor helped back up this claim in 2013, naming the local St. Andrews State Park as having 1 of the top 25 beaches in the United States. The park also has two fishing piers, a jetty, and a boat ramp, plus nature trails for bird watching. Elsewhere in town, you can arrange a scuba-diving trip to explore the area’s dozens of natural and artificial reefs.
The atmosphere is relaxed and geared toward families and there are numerous amusement parks along the 20-plus miles of shoreline. Many of the popular seafood restaurants and bars here overlook the Gulf of Mexico.
If you’re looking to escape the crowds, take the ferry to Shell Island, an uninhabited, 7-mile-long barrier island. On the ride over, you might see some of the bottlenose dolphins that frequent these warm waters. Once there, you can soak in the sun on the empty beaches and go snorkeling. It’s also worth it to visit the nature preserve at Conservation Park, which has 24 miles of trails. One 11-mile trek goes past wooden boardwalks and wetlands; keep your eyes peeled and you might see woodpeckers in the trees and alligators lurking beside cypresses.