Lodge at a Glance: The Trailhead - A Lake Tahoe Lodge
The Trailhead lodge is perfectly positioned minutes from Lake Tahoe, the California-Nevada border, and the hiking trails and ski runs of the Sierra Nevada. Newly renovated guest rooms reflect the lodge’s surroundings, with simple decor and wood furniture for a rustic cabin feel.
- Start your day right with the complimentary continental breakfast.
- In-room amenities: free WiFi and cable television with HBO; hair dryers and microwaves are available upon request
- Take in a bird’s-eye view from the Heavenly Mountain Gondola, which ferries riders more than 9,000 feet in the air.
- Catch a flick at Heavenly Village Cinema, located an eight-minute walk away.
- Enjoy all that South Shore’s casinos have to offer with fun nightlife and world-class entertainment, located less than half a mile away.
South Lake Tahoe, California: Year-Round Haven for Outdoor Adventures and Late-Night Revelry
Lake Tahoe has no real off-season; people find ways to make use of its pristine water, beaches, and mountains all year long. In the summer, the lake’s clear, freshwater surface—which straddles the California-Nevada border—is dotted with swimmers, boaters, and jet skiers. Several ski resorts with world-class slopes typically stay open from November to April, and Emerald Bay State Park is accessible year-round. A moderately easy hike to the base of Lower Eagle Falls reveals breathtaking views of the waterfalls crashing down from above.
A diverse crowd of spectators gathers at night for South Lake Tahoe’s various events, which range from wine and food festivals to rock concerts and fireworks displays. A few miles northwest of South Lake Tahoe sits Stateline, Nevada, where a handful of casinos host high-stakes games of blackjack and solitaire.