Top Reasons to Stay at The Valley Inn
- The Valley Inn lies within New Hampshire’s White Mountain National Forest, famous for its hiking trails and ski resorts.
- A free seasonal shuttle bus can take you to nearby destinations, including Waterville Valley Resort, which offers 52 ski slopes in winter and outdoor adventures such as mountain biking in warmer months.
- Parlor rooms have mountain views; townhouses feature cable TV and whirlpool bathtubs.
- Guests at The Valley Inn have access to the facilities of White Mountain Athletic Club, which has a heated pool, saunas, and a fitness center.
- From here, you’re just minutes away from Waterville Valley’s village center, home to craft shops and restaurants.
Waterville Valley, New Hampshire: White Mountains Town Where Curious George Was Born
The tiny town of Waterville Valley occupies primo real estate within New Hampshire’s White Mountain National Forest. Though the town’s standing population hovers around 250, the numbers swell in winter, when ski bunnies show up to traverse the area’s famed cross-country-skiing routes and downhill slopes at Waterville Valley Resort. During summer and fall, visitors can make use of the resort’s golf course and mountain-biking trails.
Though Waterville Valley may be small, it has produced at least one world-famous character. Margret and H.A. Rey spent their summers in Waterville, dreaming up the inquisitive monkey that would become Curious George. At the Curious George Cottage, kids and adults can enjoy story time, go on nature hikes, and participate in yoga classes.