Hotel at a Glance: The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort
The city’s famous white sands are also within easy reach—a skywalk connects the third-floor outdoor pool to the beach below. Head here to enjoy a day of swimming and sunbathing. At The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort, getting out on the water is as easy as asking the concierge. They can easily help you book a sailing, snorkeling, or deep-sea fishing excursion.
- A room with a view: Deluxe king rooms and premium oceanfront rooms all have views of the water—either the Intracoastal Waterway or the Atlantic Ocean.
- A full menu of skin and body treatments are available at Heavenly Spa by Westin. Continue to relax afterward in separate men’s and women’s hot tubs and steam rooms.
- 24-hour fitness center featuring Life Fitness and Precor machines and ocean views
- Some options include a $40 dining credit per night: Use it toward steaks and seafood at American Vintage, cocktails at Waves Bar & Grill, or blended coffee drinks at Starbucks.
- A recent multi-million dollar renovation dramatically updated the oceanfront resort.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Beaches, Canals, and Nightlife
Fort Lauderdale has been called the “Venice of America,” thanks to the intricate canal system that crisscrosses town. These waterways buoy the city’s yachting scene—100 area marinas and boatyards house some 42,000 pleasure crafts. You can hop onto a water taxi to cruise to cultural, historical, and retail destinations, or spend the day sprawled out on a stretch of the city’s 23 miles of beaches. At night, venture to the Riverwalk Arts & Entertainment District, where you’ll find theaters, museums, and restaurants along the New River.