Hotel at a Glance: The Winds Resort Beach Club
The Winds Resort Beach Club provides just about anything you might need to enjoy the sun, surf, and sand of Ocean Isle Beach. Families love to play on its volleyball and basketball nets designed just for the pool as well as its outdoor shuffleboard court. It also helps that the resort is just 1.5 miles from the Ocean Isle Beach Pier and Arcade.
- Take a dip in any one of the resort’s three swimming pools or two whirlpools.
- Go for a bike ride on one of the complimentary rental cycles.
- Dig in to plates of eggs, grits, waffles, fruit, and more at the complimentary breakfast buffet.
- Grab a drink at Thirsti Tiki Bar and Restaurant, the poolside lounge. In the summer, the bar often hosts parties with a DJ and games and prizes.
- Work on your putting at many of the nearby golf courses, including Brick Landing, Carolina National, Eagle’s Nest, and Sandpiper Bay.
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina: Gem of the Brunswick Islands
Away from the crowds of Myrtle Beach and the Outer Banks, little Ocean Isle Beach is a combination of small-town charm and beautiful, sandy beaches. But just because it’s tiny doesn’t mean it’s a complete secret: people in the know flock to the town every summer, expanding its population from 550 to around 25,000. To get in, you can sail up the Intracoastal Waterway or cross onto the island via the main bridge. In town, fishers gather at the main pier, and kids hit up the pier’s arcade.