Top Reasons to Visit Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark
- This rustic timber lodge has a huge indoor-outdoor water park just for hotel guests, where you can zoom down 30-foot-high water slides or float leisurely down the lazy river.
- Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen, a whirlpool bath, and a covered balcony or patio next to the living room.
- There are two main eateries at the lodge: the quick-serve Hungry Moose Food Court and Smokey’s Bar-B-Que House, where you can feast on more hearty meals.
- Timber Ridge Lodge’s events calendar includes family magic shows
- New holiday show, Thomas & Friends: A Holiday Adventure.
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin: Lakeside Mansions and Historical Museums
Located within 90 miles of Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison, Lake Geneva has become one of the Midwest’s most popular destinations for recreation. Geneva Lake—a gaping gulf of fresh water ripe for swimming, leisurely sails, water skiing, and tubing—is the resort town’s biggest draw in the summer. Admire the scenery by taking a stroll on the Geneva Lake Shore Path, a 21-mile walkway planned by early settlers that stretches around the entire lake. Along the way, you’ll pass expansive gardens and the opulent estates that helped the town earn the nickname “Newport of the West.”
In the winter, outdoor activities range from sledding and cross-country skiing in Big Foot Beach State Park to ice-fishing on Geneva Lake. There’s also plenty to do indoors. The Geneva Lake Museum takes visitors back in time with re-created late 19th- and early 20th-century shops, and the 1897-era Yerkes Observatory is home to the world’s largest refracting telescope.