Hotel at a Glance: Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center
Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center caters to the guest who loves to golf. The resort’s centerpiece is the 18-hole championship Toftrees golf course, designed by course architect Edmund Ault. You can also practice your swing at a driving range, equipped with targeted greens, or work on your short game at the chipping and putting green.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor heated pool; there’s also a tot-friendly pool.
- Play a game of tennis or sand volleyball.
- Distance from Penn State University: less than 4 miles
- Down Under steakhouse: The onsite restaurant serves three meals daily. Dinner entrees include New York strip steak and filet mignon.
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature a flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, and complimentary WiFi.
State College, Pennsylvania: “Happy Valley” College Town
State College is home to Pennsylvania State University, and the greater area is often referred to as Happy Valley. Scenic Mt. Nittany towers over the campus, and the college’s mascot, the Nittany Lions, are a namesake. While a campus tour is must-do activity for first-time visitors, no trip to State College would be complete without a visit to the Berkey Creamery, the college-run shop serving ice cream, cheese, and more.
There’s plenty to do off campus, too. Take a guided tour of Penn’s Cave, a 55-foot-tall cavern whose floor is a subterranean stream. In the colder months, head to Tussey Mountain to ski and snowboard.