Hotel at a Glance: Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center
Toftrees Golf Resort and Conference Center caters to the guest who loves to golf. The resort’s centerpiece is an 18-hole championship Toftrees golf course, designed by course architect Edmund Ault. You can also practice your swing at a driving range, equipped with targeted greens, or work on your short game at the chipping and putting green. When cooler weather arrives, the resort’s proximity to Penn State University makes it an easy choice for campus visits.
- Go for a swim in the outdoor heated pool; there’s also a tot-friendly pool
- Play a game of tennis or sand volleyball
- Distance to the Penn State University: less than 4 miles
- Down Under steakhouse: The onsite restaurant serves three meals daily. Dinner entrees include New York strip steak and filet mignon.
- In-room amenities: Guest rooms feature a flat-screen TV, coffeemaker, and complimentary WiFi.
State College, Pennsylvania: “Happy Valley” College Town in Central PA
State College is home to Pennsylvania State University, and the greater area is often referred to as Happy Valley. Scenic Mt. Littany towers over the campus, and the college’s mascot, the Nittany Lions, are a namesake. While a campus tour is must-do activity for first-time visitors, no trip to State College would be complete without a visit to the Berkey Creamery, the college-run shop serving ice cream, cheese, and more.